- Letter From The Managing Partner
- Dhcr's Attempt To Alter One Of Its Longstanding Policies Relating To The Processingof Mci Applications Has Been Rejected By The Nys Supreme Court
- Commercial Landlords Beware: Gratuitous Space Used By A Tenant May Become A Rent-Free Addition To The Tenant's Leased Premises
- Sandy's Aftermath: What Does It Mean For You, The Landlord?
- Is There A Way To Evict A Tenant For Failure To Pay Rent Other Than The Nonpayment Proceeding?
- Electronic Recording Comes To New York
- Rent Deposits And RPAPL § 745(2)
- Negotiating A Tenant Release On Assignment Of Lease: What To Look For From A Landlord's Perspective
- Liquidated Damages
- Negotiating A Tenant Release On Assignment Of Lease
- Major Capital Improvement Rent Increases: Recouping Costs Of Ancillary Work
- Residential Tenants Liable For Future Rent
- No New Reason For Concern By Board Members
- Heat And Hot Water Violations:Recent Changes To The Code
- Dhcr Reverses Position On Mci Increase For Backflow Preventers
- Should An Owner Enter Into A Stipulation Of Settlement Or Go To Trial In Non-Payment Housing Court Proceeding?
- Tenant's Failure To Satisfy A Condition Precedent In A Commercial Lease Bars Tenant's $600,000 Overcharge Claim
- Is The Deemed Lease Dead?
- Additional Thoughts On The Deemed Lease Remedy
- Practical Pointers On Improving Your Prospects At Ecb
- Disability Compliance - When And When Not Required
- Congratulations To BBWG Super Lawyers
- DHCR's Attempt to Alter One of Its Longstanding policies Relating to the processing of MCI Applications Is Rejected by the Court
- Tenants' Cloaking of Their Vacatur Defeated a Daughter's Succession Claim
- Logistics of Letters of Credit
- Cyber Sleuthing - Facebook Is Your Best FriendStipulations in Nonpayment Proceedings
- Short-Term Rentals In New York City: If You See Something, Say Something
- Appellate Division Restricts Succession Rights In Rent Stabilized Apartments
- Final Standard Adjustment Factor for 2012-2013 MBRs
- Harmon v. Kimmel Is Rent Stabilization Constitutional?
- Stipulations in Nonpayment Proceedings
- Mortgage Mash Up
- DHCR Upholds Order of Deregulation Despite Existence of J-51 Tax Benefits
- New Rules Concerning Fuel Cost Adjustments
- Electronic Recording Comes to New York
- BBWG Employs an Innovative Procedural Defense to Vacate a Fine Imposed on a Property Owner
- Major Capital Improvement Rent Increases
- Eviction Q & A
Transactional Departmental News
June 2006 - The Tran$actor
- Developers Grasping For Air Rights
- Breaking Up is hard to Do
- Brokerage Commissions: When are they Due and payable?
May 2006 - The Tran$actor
- Time is of the Essence - or Is It?
- Brokerage Commissions: When Are They Due and Payable?
- Legislation Gives Condominiums the Right to Borrow
April 2006 - The Tran$actor
- Changes to Limited Liability Law Regarding Publication
- Cooperative Shareholders Who Are Subject To Alternative Minimum Tax Cannot Deduct Proportionate Amount Of Building's Real Estate Taxes
- Cooperative Board Fails To Rebut Showing Of Apparent Discrimination Based On Disability
- Co-Op Board Can Force A Shareholder To Remove An Unauthorized Washer/Dryer And Garbage Disposal
- Holdover Tenant Liable for Damages to Incoming Tenant
- Loss Of Use Of Terrace Due To Building-Wide Repairs In A Cooperative Does Not Entitle Shareholder To Damages For Breach Of Covenant Of Quiet Enjoyment
All newsletters are in PDF format.
Get the Adobe Reader to view them.